- The increasing price of petrol and diesel : Electric cars outperform gasoline vehicles when it comes to fuel efficiency. The current market price of petrol is 107.71 per liter and the price of diesel is 96.52 per liter. One of the reasons for the increase in the price of petroleum and diesel is limited production and increased consumption. Some of the manufacturers provide free electric charging and electric charging was free under the government but the government is going to start charging Rs.15 per unit.
- Smooth running and quiet : Electric cars are quieter and smoother than other electric vehicles. Riding an electric vehicle would be more comfortable for you. There wouldn’t be much sound.
- Eco-Friendly : Electric Vehicles can be called the most green vehicles on the road as they produce little to no emissions. Electric vehicles are more eco-friendly than other gasoline vehicles. As you know, unlike gasoline vehicles, electric vehicles don’t produce much carbon emissions in that way you can reduce the production of fossil fuels and save energy.
- Cost Effective : As mentioned above compared to other vehicles, electric vehicles are of low cost and expense and the maintenance expense is less compared to petrol and diesel running vehicles.
- Tax and Registration Fee : The registration fee and road tax for electric vehicles are less than those for petrol and diesel vehicles. The government is also offering other incentives and offers as well depending on the state you are living in.
- More Convenient than petrol and diesel vehicles : When we look at electric vehicles all you can see are the benefits and advantages there aren’t many disadvantages with electric vehicles. So another convenient thing is you can charge electric vehicles from home like you charge your phone it will take a minimum of five hours to charge an electric vehicle from home.
- No noise pollution : Since electric vehicles don’t have an engine they have the ability to run silently.
KNOW MORE ABOUT ELECTRIC VEHICLES BEFORE YOU GET ONE
TYPES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES :
There are four different types of electric vehicles.
1. Pure electric vehicles or Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) : Pure electric vehicles run purely on electricity
2. Hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) : Hybrid electric vehicles run both on petrol or diesel and electricity.
3. Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) : In a Fuel Cell, Electric Vehicle electric energy is produced from chemical energy. They are powered by oxygen and hydrogen.
4. Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) : Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle can work both on gasoline as well as electricity. They use a battery to charge.
FEW OF THE BEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS IN INDIA
- TATA Motors
- KIA Motors
- OLA Electric Mobility
- JBM Auto
- Ashok Leyland Electric
- Lohia Auto
- Hero Electric
- TVS Motors Ltd
Electric vehicles are going to be the future. They are more eco-friendly. They have a positive impact on the environment. If one has solar energy in his or her house electric vehicle would be more efficient. Currently, TATA Motors is the largest Electric Vehicle (EV) manufacturer in India.
As of 2022, there are over 356 electric vehicle manufacturers in India with 29 car models in the market. India will see a rise in electric vehicles by 2023, despite the effect of Inflation and a stagnant market.