Planning to visit Kannur? Whether it is a one day trip or not, note these places down. These are some of the interesting places to visit in Kannur.
Kannur is a city in the Indian state of Kerala. It is located along the Arabian Sea and is known for its rich cultural heritage, historical landmarks, and beautiful beaches. The city is famous for Theyyam and kathakali performances and handloom textile industries.
Top 7 places to visit in Kannur:
- St. Angelo fort: St. Angelo fort is also known as Kannur fort or Kannur Kotta. It is a fort facing the Arabian sea located 3km from Kannur town. If you love history and architecture then Kannur fort is an interesting site to see. It is a place where you can sit and chill with family and friends as well along the up-roaring view of the Arabian sea.
- Arakkal Museum: Arakkal Museum is also a really interesting historical heritage to visit. It showcases the history and culture of the only royal Muslim family in Kannur. It is located 2km away from Kannur Bus stand.
- Kannur Light House: Kannur Light House gives you a beautiful panoramic view of Kannur town the buildings, trees, and the sea view. It is located near Payyambalam beach. You can climb on top of the lighthouse witness breathtaking view along with a beautiful sunset.
- Muzhappilangad drive-in beach: If you ever visit Kannur then you should definitely visit Muzhappilangad drive-in beach. The specialty of this beach is that it is the longest drive-in beach in India, offering tourists a thrilling experience of driving along the seashore. It is located 16km away from Kannur.
- Thottada Beach: Thottada beach is a hidden gem in the city of Kannur, it is known for its cleanliness and privacy, making it a really good picnic destination for people looking to enjoy peaceful and serene environment. The beach is surrounded with coconut trees and small hills offering a stunning view of the Arabian sea.
- V-Pra Kaayal Floating Park: V-Pra Kaayal floating Park is a beautifully constructed floating park in Pazhayngadi, a small town 23km away from Kannur town. V-Pra Park is a fun place to go with family and children. It is packed with a variety of activities for people of all ages from kids to adults, like pedal boating, kayaking, group boating, party boating, kids’ water ride, gaming, and a food court with a variety of foods.
- Kavvayi Island: If you are a water enthusiast, then you will enjoy Kavvayi. It is the third-largest backwater in Kerala formed by a group of small Islands. Kavvayi is getting popular around the town lately for its kayaking and mangroves, which provide a unique way to explore the natural beauty of the region.